Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Scroll Wheel Zoom in Creo

Atropos89

I recently had my workstation upgraded from XP to Windows 7 (finally). Creo seems to be working fine, except for one problem. The scroll wheel on my mouse doesn't zoom properly anymore. I don't believe it is a driver issue, because I can scroll in every other application I have tried. It only zooms in Creo if I spin it really fast. Spinning itfor a long time slowlydoes nothing. If I change the mouse settings for the scroll wheel to scroll one page at a time instead of the default 3 lines at a time, it zooms like before. Scrolling one page at a time in other applications is pretty annoying however.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? I can't find any mouse setting options withing Creo itself.

It's a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000. Win 7 x64 Creo 1.0

I had the same problem with that mouse. It's not a Creo issue. It didn't work with Wildfire either. I doesn't work with Wildfire on Windows 7. I complained to PTC tech support but they said they aren't responsible for hardware. Some users here have the latest Logitech wireless mouse and it works. I had some problems with earlier versions of Logitech so I'm waiting until I get all my hardware upgrades until I switch.

The bottom line is the wireless hardware isn't built to last and often doesn't survive software upgrades. Just assume you have to add that to your list of new items to buy when upgrading.

Yeah, I'm more of a wired type guy anyway. I've still got this great PS/2 Quietkey keyboard from '91. Thanks for the info!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back