Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Save as PDF Font Loss

Atropos89

When I try to save a drawing as PDF, either through the Quick Export command or the SaveA Copy (then select PDF), I lose the company-specific fonts that are applied. We have the company name in the title block, using our font. It looks fine in Creo, and if I plot or print to PDF, it works fine. It's only when exporting to PDF that the resultant file loses the specific font. Is there any way I can force the font to stay when I export as PDF?
Edited by: Atropos89

We have faced many similiar problems. So what we always do is we print (plot)to pdf. Its always the safest and the best way!!

Hi,
with export to pdf I was solving similar problem few days
ago and in my case problem was in using non ttf font. In
this case during export to pdf Creo replaced ptc font with
ttf font (in my case "isofont" was replaced with
"arial.ttf".

Then I've changed font in Creo to isocpeur.ttf and after
export to pdf everything was ok.

If you choose "Save as PDF" - Have you tried to check the choice for "Stroke All Fonts" under the "Content" tab when exporting to PDF? Works for us.

I can say with stroked fonts drawings always were much
bigger and during viewing the speed of zoom and pan was
very slow.

Choosing"Stroke all fonts" only increases the pdf file size by about 20%. If you select "Stroke all fonts", then uncheck the box for "Add searchable text" it reduces the file size somewhat. You may want to try that.

We decided to just use an image. Instead of having our company font for the name, we just have a bitmap on the drawing. This way we don't have to deal with the increased file size and loading time.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back