Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SAP drawing format

kgwmu

Hi, the company I work for is switching over to use SAP as our ERP system. I am looking for some sample drawing formats from anyone that is currently using SAP material numbers. We have lots of parts that are family tabled.Since SAP uses configured parts to cover a complete family of parts, I am having trouble figuring out how to show the different variations in a family of parts. Any help is appreciated. I can provide and example if necessary.

Hi
We are using SAP at our company and with ProE Family table there are different ways to number.
We use our SAP Number 10234567-000 for the generic and then 10234567-001,-002,-003 for the variations that is created in ProE. SAP auto creates the 000 after our parts. Maybe this is helpfull.

hmm...that is an interesting way to handle it. Can you provide a sample drawing format? We have some ideas how we want to handle part numbering, but I'm trying to see how some other companies are laying out drawings using the SAP characteristics. Any example drawing formats using SAP material numbers would be very helpful. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, so I don't need to see any geometry or company name, just the drawing format. Thanks!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back