Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Running Mechanica in ProE WF2 integrated?

ptcmatt

Hi,

We have tried to run Mechanica from a Pro/E session started from Intralink. But then we do not get the option to unselect FEM Mode Solver, it is greyed out. It defaults to using FEM Mode Solver (external solvers like Ansys etc.)and when finished placing loads and constraints we cannot run the structure analysys. Any suggestions ? Is this meant to be or have we some wettings wrong ?

Running in Standalone mode works fine (not starting ProE from Intralink). We are using Wildfire 2 M100 and Intralink 3.4.

Thanks,

Matt

Reinstall ProE or run setup from the bin directory of your proe installation and give path of Mechanica installation.

Israr

Israr,

Thanks -in a way ! :)

I had done that but in my eager to get this to work I forgot that when starting Intralink we copy out some files, including the different ProE start commands. And these did not include the Mechanica path and overwrote the existing files we had changed on the local computer. So, thinking a little more we now have the path included in "all" ProE start commands....

Thanks and regards,

Matt

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back