Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

running a user-defined path_search

SWDADA

I have just added some directories to to a search_path to try and locate a component which is missing in my assembly. After closing the options box, I could not find a way to run the search path, any clues?

When you add the search path line in the options box you should see the APPLY button in the lower right of the box is selectable. Select it to apply the path.When you openyour assembly ProE should look in the locations you specified. You'll probably want to save the options to your config.pro file in your startup directory to load the paths automatically next time you start ProE. You could also put the paths in search path file. You would then add the search_path_file option and specify the search path file you created.

Over the years I have tried to getthe search_path_file optionto work, but I have never been successful. I wonder if I am overlooking something. I always end up having to load the search path file separately. Can anyone help me out?

Sip

How did youhave it set up? Each line should have a single path enclosed in double quotes. It was also recommended to use the full path name instead of a relative path name to avoid problems if you change the working directory.

Thanks kdem, the quotation marks did it. Why the search file works without the quotation marks when loaded separately is a mystery to which only PTCis privy. Thanks for getting me back"on track".

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back