Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Results 1000x off

MichailS

Hi

I regularly run into the problem that Pro/M will get results that are a factor of 1000 off the expected levels.

Either I get correct stress and then the deflection is 0.001 times what it should be, or as in the case of a buckling analysis I do now the buckling forces are 1000 times higher than they ought to be.

This confuses me a lot, because as far as I know I do it the same way every time. The unit system is chosen in the part (mmNs), the material has the correct Young's modulus and density and so on.

And sometimes it is wrong, sometimes it is right. I see no pattern.

Is this a bug? If so, this has been around since several versions back. Using 3.0 M040 because I am a cheap bastard who does not wish to pay for service, although I begin to question that decision.

Never mind, I found that I can get around this by changing unit system and then change it back. Upon which the loads need correction, but the result is right.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back