Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Restricting Motion in Mechanica 2001

sunilkoshy

Hi

How can I restrict the motion of a part when it comes in contact with another part.

I tried Contact Region, but I'm getting the error showing that "there is an edge contact, which is not supported by Mechanica"

May be I went wrong in some definition.
smiley19.gif

Can anyone help me in this matter.
smiley4.gif

Regards

Sunil

Sunil,

Mechanica Motion uses Hertzian contact while calculation impact analysis. That means that the two surfaces in contact must be round. That said at leas one of the surfaces must be round and the other one a plane or both must be round. What you can do if this is not the case in your model is to create a dummy round surface in one of the parts and then apply the contact region to that surface instead of the regular surfaces you were using. I hope this info helps you to resolve the problem.

Luis

Hi Luis

Thankyou. I tried creating both the condition mentioned by you, i.e 1 flat & 1 round, 2 rounds. In both the cases I'm getting the message that there is an edge contact...

Sunil

Sunil,

Could you supply a picture of the two parts you are trying to use for the motion contact analysis? Or May be you can post the model.

Luis

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back