Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Resolution

coxsac11

Does ANyone know how to change the resolution of the CAD files. Someone tells me that it needs to be minimum0.010 mm (0.0003937 in.). I do not know where to change this setting. I am using wildfire 1.0. Can anyone help me here?

I think you're talking about the accuracy.

To do this, you need to go in : Edit/Setup/Accuracy and choose absolute.

But first, in your config.pro, make sur that enable_absolute_accuracy=true because default is set to false.

You really should not change accuracy unless you have a good reason. Regeneration problems, geometry errors, data exchange problems, etc. are good reasons. "Someone tels me it needs to be .01 mm" is not a good reason.

Thanks for the help olivier1979, that is exactly what I needed to fix the problem. I needed to check the resolution because an SLS model that I sent off for came back with the round features being hex-shaped. I wanted to double check my resolution before I layed blame to another company. The company didn't set there resolution correct is where the mix up was. Again thanks for all the help.

If its to do a RP part, maybe you can export directly your STL file by your self, almost every service place should work with this format. Change the values in deviation if you need to change the size of the triangle but the default value should be ok.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back