Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Replication

servo313

Is anyone currently using Replication withing Windchill PDMLink 8.0?

I am currently trying to integrate PDMLink to ourtwo other factories outside of our headquarter is the US. The factories are in Europre and Asia, and I am finidhing that downloading models from each place is painfully slow at times. Even navigating through the browser withing Pro/E is slow and requires alot of time to do simple tasks.

Wonder if anyone has gone through this setup process for replication, or is using it. Any advice and insight would be appreaciated.

Thanks!

I manager to setup a replication server by using the documentation and same help from PTC support. It was forpilot project a while ago and for PdmLink 9.

Thanks for the insight, We had PTC come in to do our integration from Intralink 3.4 to PDMLink 8. I am not too familiar with the server side details for PDMLink which I know is needed for the replication servers. Is there any material out there that gives an understanding to how the PDMLink server is set up.

Thanks.

The documentation from PTC is pretty usefull. AS I remember the name is installation guide or perhaps it is in configuration guide you will find the info.

Installation of the replication is pretty much "out of the box", as I remember you can download the replication software from your main server. the configuration of the replication could be some tricky.

Good luck.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back