Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Replacing Default Coordinate System

NC12

I want to use an existing subassembly, but its default coordinates are not correctly oriented in the grand scheme of a global coordinate system. For example, I can't insertthe subassembly into an assembly and mateby Default or by Coord. So Ineed to re-orient the assembly which could create potential reference errors downstream.

Are there alternate method(s) to reorient (translate and rotate) by, ie, replace the default coordinate with a new one? By setting the new coordinate as default I'll be able to bring in the subassembly and mate by Default without having to create a new subassembly.
Edited by: NC12

You shouldn't have to replace the default Csys, you ought to be able to create a new Csys with the proper translation/rotation that allows it to align properly with the mating Csys. When you go to assemble the subassembly just select the new Csys (eitheron screen or using theFIND tool)rather than the default (DEF_CSYS); you could even "hide" the default Csys to make sure you don't accidently select it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back