Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Replace Model?

plilley

I have a drawing and I want to replace the model with a new, higher rev version, without having to re-do all the dimensions and views. How do I Replace a model in a drawing with a new one?

If the name of the model has not changed, then the drawing is updated when you bring it into session. If the name of the model has changed, you need to change what model the drawing refers to.

If both the old and new models are from the same family, Right mouse button in the field of the drawing, pick properties, drawing models then replace.

If the models are not from a family table, then bring up the new model up with the drawing not in session. Rename the new part with the old parts name. Then bring up the drawing and rename the model with the name it started with. Clean up the drawing as neccessary and save. Note this should probably be done outside of Interlink and will probably require an override to submit.

If youdid a save as of the old part to the new part with the config option "rename_drawings_with_object" set to the drawing would also have been copied.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back