Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Replace Component Inside Group

msummers

Is it possible to replace a component (say from a family table) in an assembly that has been grouped with other components?

you can put group in family table.But, you can only set options for yes/no for this group in various instances.

If you want to replace groups, you need to assemble all groups in generic and then manage it by yes/no in family table.

You can ungroup, replace it, and regroup or you can drag out of the group
your component out from the group the replace it and put it back to the it
belongs.

the option for replacement is not available in for grouped components

I've never been able to find a use for "group" in the Family Table dialogue box.

I would separate the part out of the group and blank it in the FT as a component.

miaousse said:
You can ungroup, replace it, and regroup or you can drag out of the group
your component out from the group the replace it and put it back to the it
belongs.

the option for replacement is not available in for grouped components

This changed in WF5. You are also able to suppress individual items in the group. I think the whole groupwas suppressed before.

dakeb said:
I've never been able to find a use for "group" in the Family Table dialogue box.

I would separate the part out of the group and blank it in the FT as a component.

The group selection in the family table is expecting you to select a user defined feature that has been added.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back