Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rendering with Alias Imagestudio 2008

Leonello

Hi!

I usually workon wf2 and wf3. To make my animations I usually use the animation modeof pro/E. I tryed to use also the Photolux options to renderer my models during the animation. The results are good but not excellent as I would.

I could have the possibility to buy the renderer software Alias ImageStudio 2008. The quality of renderer images realising are impressive.

My question is: Can I use the Alias image studio to renderer the animation I realise with pro/E or I can only renderise static images?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Leonello.

Leonello,

I do not think you can re-render an animation made in pro-e. I think it would be less than desirable anyway. Just export the assembly and then animate it and render in the next software. IMHO...

cheers,

M

ImageStudio only renders static images or QTVR's.

For animation from the Alias product line you'll have to look at the AliasStudio family or Maya.

That's what I do.

Model everything in Pro then export it as object and render a animation in Carrara. Reason : Its cheap, and ha a extensive module for creating joints, movement limitation etc. Downpoint : you have to reconstruct the mechanism in Carrara. It will be the same in any other render software, Alias comes with a cost, especially if you need to have Maya for movement. I do agree that the renders truly outrun Pro or most other software .

Nick

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back