Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rendering race car

DJCAD

Hi everyone!!

This is my first project I`m posting in a forum. I have made it to learn more of Pro Engineer. I hope it is at a accepteble standard. I have made the car as an assembly. The total amount of features is around 4500.

Please come back with questions and comments of whats good and also what not so good. :)

2007-06-30_105327_ferarri_front.rar

2007-06-30_105412_ferarri_back.rar

2007-06-30_105507_ferarri_back_open.rar

2007-06-30_105601_Ferarri_front_open.rar

2007-06-30_105654_tirechange.rar

2007-06-30_105839_engine.rarhttp://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/uploads/DJCAD/2007-06-30_105745_engine.rar

DJCAD

Well Daniel, I have to say that is one fine model. Lots of detail, lots of interesting fetaures. How long did you spend on it? It looks very good well done. Lots of models of cars have been posted but this one has a look and feel of good surfacing, not "boxy" in the surfacing.

As for whats wrong, well it would be very easy to say that there are areas not exactly right and it could go on forever. At some point you have to call a halt and say this is my finished model. So from that point of view theres nothing wrong.

there are many ways you could have rendered that model but the materials are simple and there's only a few of them and the scene is uncomplicated but clean.

All in all a good job on the model and an excellent start on the rendering. If you do some other renders of it don't forget toi post them so we can see your progression.

I like the engine model by the way, and i see that you have even put the indicator and window wiper controls on the steering column!!!!!!

Paddy

Excellent Work. If you are just starting out on pro-e, then we all have something to look forward to when you progress
smiley32.gif

How do you work with rar files? I got some from China. Extracted them and they came out .prt files. But Pro-E says can not be retrieved.

Any ideas

skitz

this is due to the version of pro/e

ie. the pro/e you are using is older then the pro/e used to model those parts

Dear sir,

I need pro e job, I have 2+ years of experience in the Autocad Field,I feel to change my
Platform in to PRO E, If any openings in pro e field I can ready to work, salary is not a problem in Pro e field, If any opportunity's there plz contact me.
MAIL ID: [email protected] PHONE +91-9916992550, BANGALORE

THANKS & REGARDS
B.SAMBATHKUMAR

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back