Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Relation driven table in 2D (WF2)

billabang

Hi there! I just registered, I hope you can help me with a situation at my work.

My question is probably simple to most of you but I am stuck... Basicaly, I am working on a new line of products. The first product is a stainless wortable. All my parts are done, they areassembled in a main "master" assembly and there is a program that allow me to change the lenght, depth and height. There is also the option to change the main top (If a top model is selected, it is resumed in the main assembly and the other top options are suppressed.

Where I need hepl is here: I have to make a 2D drawing and on that drawing I want a table that will give me a predetermined number if a type of top is selected.

For example, if I choose the #1 type of top, in a table on my drawing I want a space to have the text "ST-1" written in it. If I choose the #2 type of top, I want "ST-2" to be written in my table.

What I first didwas to add a few lines in my relations as follow:

IF REB == 1
SOUDURE_TOP = ST1
ENDIF

IF REB ==
SOUDURE_TOP = ST2
ENDIF

I was hoping to enter &SOUDURE_TOP in my table and to have ST1 appear but it does not work. Anyone can tell me howI can have a table show values specified in my relations.

Thank you!

Important note, I can't add any more parameters to my parts or assembly for many reasons...
Edited by: billabang

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back