Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reiterative User Defined Analysis

mattplu

I have created a field-point-group to calculate a one-sided-volume. If I go into the UDA feature I
can pull up the graph of the data points. What I need is to roll and pitch the solid
through a series of rolls and then pitches (two separate axis) while capturing
the one-sided-volume for each case. How
can I rotate a solid and at predetermined increments run and collect the one
sided volume UDA?

Thanks for any help.

mattplu,

You'll need to make parameters that will control the dimensions that drive your roll and pitch orientations. Then use the "Multi-Objective Design Study" (MODS) to set-up a DOE that will cover all the values of roll and pitch combinations you'd like to investigate. When you execute thi study, it will populate the matrix with all the values of your calculated one-sided volume.

Kaz

Kaz,

Thanks for the reply!
When I select the GOALS within the Multi-Objective Design Study, it looks like it is only letting me select the one-sided volume feature (within the filed point group) and not the User Defined Analysis feature. When I run the study, it looks like it runs through the roll values but only runs the initial setting for the field point location.

If I change the current roll value on the screen, then run the study, it takes the appropriet initial volume for the displayed configuration. Now that I look into it more, it does not look like it is updating the roll value in the geometry or running through the full field point curve.

What check box or variable did I miss?
thanks

Are there any tutorials on the web for Multi-Objective Design Study? PTC's
site has had it 'coming soon' for a LONG time.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back