Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

regeneration failure in mfg model

rajendran

When I tried to open the previously created and checked in (in windchill) mfg model. The regeneration failure occurs and it says "invalid tool id: no such tool in database".
I created this document with wildfire3 M090 & checked in windchill8 database. Now I am trying to open it with wildfire3 m110 and windchill9.

By what you stated in quotes, the manufacturing model isn't failing. Somehow the tool that one of your sequences was using got deleted. If you know what the tool "I.D." was, simply re-create the tool, or go into the sequence and select a different tool.
Edited by: appinmi

Thanks for your reply.

I can select/create another tool to continue further. But I would like to know the reason for losting the tool. This is occurred in two three mfg models. We use windchill PDM. We used WF3 M110 for creating the mfg model and then they had been checked in. Then now i downloaded the same from windchill and tried to open it in pro/e. Now the tool_id fails.

What may be the reason?

Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back