Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Regen failure with standard library parts

Jeff701

I recently installed the standard parts library for WF4.0, but there seems to be something amiss with the installation, namely that Pro-E can't seem to find its own part library components after the program is restarted. This of course causes any assembly model with a library component to fail regeneration with a "Component model is missing" error.
Pro-E does know where the parts library is though, as there's a proper path for it in the config.pro file, under the pro_library_dir entry. And when I use Find Component under the Quick Fix function, I can navigate right to Pro/Library and show Pro-E the same component again, and it has no problem at all.
But for whatever reason, it can't seem to find library components on its own.
What's going on here?

You need to add search paths to the config.pro or point to config.pro to a search.pro file.

search_path_file C:\search.pro

pro_library_dir just points to where the library is for the file open dialog box

a search.pro file is a simple text file with the directories listed
C:\Libraries\Fastener
C:\Libraries\Mold

if you have spaces in the folder names use quotation marks around listing
"C:\Libraries\Trim Die"

Does it need an entry for every single subfolder? For example, the eng_part_lib folder contains 15 subfolders for various families of component.

Isn't there a config.pro setting that just tells Pro-E, "Index/search the fastener library for missing parts."? (If not, well darn it, there should be. :))

I've got these in the config.pro file:

search_path "X:\Pro-E_Parts_Library"
search_path "X:\Pro-E_Parts_Library\"

The thing still fails on regen, and must be manually shown the part in the library.

dr_gallup said:
Access denied. We've been off of maintenance for a bit - still on WF 4.0.

Edited by: Jeff701

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back