Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reg External copy geometry

Sridhar.V

hi all,

Anyone canexplain me how to do external copy geometry of an assembly that contains 60 parts to make it as a single part filein pro/e2001.

i tried it by following methods:-

-By surface references but i am not able to select more than one part of the assembly simultaneously.

-By doing copy geometry of each partwithin the assembly and using Misc references tried to bring it in the new part file.

Regards

Sridhar

Best thing might be to do an 'export to iges' as 'all one level' ie 'flat' and import the single file or use 'shrinkwrap' at a 'high level of detail'. Both these methods allow a single file to be created. 'Copy geometry' from an assembly only allows copying from one model at a time, so you end up with 60 separate copy geometry features within the new part.(but that might be what you require?)

Regards

Thank you Mr.Buckler.

Actually one constraint for doing that operation is, it should have only one external copy geometry feature.

by shrinkwrap option am getting some dataloss

whether any option is there to convert whole assembly file in to single copy/ext.copy geometry feature except igs method.

Regards

Sridhar.

Hello people,

Jbuckl ur comments were so helpful. But now my problem is colour.

While importing the iges to a part file there is colour loss sometimes

completely otherwise some parts . Please help me out.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back