Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Refreshing Decal Images

Bob_W

I have placed a decal on a surface in an assembly. The decal is a JPG that may change over time. When I place the first decal using 'color and appearance' and then later change the decal file, the image does not change in the model. I am not even really sure how to change the decal once it has been placed. I think I am deleting the decal using the "decal placement>texture>delete' but when I try to use the new image file the old one is used.

So I guess I have a two part question:

1 - How can I get a decal image in a model to update when the image file changes?

2- If that can't be done, how do I change or update it manually?

Using WF-4

Thanks
Bob

That's strange. Only way I could do it was by restarting ProE. There must be an easier way to do it.
I'm using WF 5 btw.

m-d-e

Thanks for your info. For me it seems that PTC could do a little work on improving the "color and appearance" module. I have never figured out howto clear old colors from the pallete. I guess that once the color/decal is stored it remains there until a restart. I hope someone else has figured out a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Bob

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back