Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Ref Entire Model?

proDfunc

I'm trying to delete a model, but all my toolpaths say they are related to this model. Looking at the parent/children info, it says it reference the entire model. I can go into this model & delete, suppress or cut away the entire part w/o any of my toolpaths failing. I have this model in mfg for clearance ref. I know I'm not referencing this model for any toolpath creation?!?!?!

I never had this type of problem in modeling parts or asm...etc. wf3.0 m120

Thanks

Rodger

Is this model part of the operation's fixture? If it is, the only way to get rid of it is to go and redefine the fixture and delete it there. For some reason, every toolpath is dependent on any component that is defined within he fixture definition.

Another reason they could be dependent is if you used one of the primary datums in the model as a sketch plane or as a reference plane for top, bottom,etc....This only applies for trajectory milling. The way to fix this, is to redefine the sketch plane and reference plane.

A third reason is, if you are using volume milling and you brought this model in as a reference model", it is used in all "check surface" checks. Go back into the sequences and deselect this model as a check surface. When it has been cleared from all sequences, you should be able to delete it.

The easiest way to debug this, is tochange only the first sequence, then see if you can reorder the component after this sequence. If this works, then you know you are on the right track, and do the rest of the sequences.

Allen - Thanks for the comments, I checked that today.

This is a turning surface that is child of this model I want to delete. This model has some copy geom in it& I'm thinking the copy geommaybe related to this model I'm tring to delete. I'll try to investage the copy geom ref in this model further.Thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back