Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rant & Rave

Cambmac

Is it just me?

I've been using Pro-e manufacturing for some time now and I have never had a trouble free job. Most of the work is moulds which takes time to do all the calculations, then don't you just love it when after 20 minutes it states "Tool path could not be calculated, please check setup". That's if it doesn't crash out!

Again I know it must be me but . .

I started with just one workcentre in the library but when I call on it, pro-e adds some extra numbers to it. I now have hundreds of workcentres.

Two pockets with a hole in the bottom of each. The CL path showed the drill retracting clear of each pocket. The actual path sent the drill straight through the side of the pocket.( I have since learned to push the 'suface check' button but false cuts can happen anywhere.)

Tool start & end positions when surface milling. In sketch mode there is no cutter path shown so how can I extend a cut?

I've sketched around the outside & inside of a shape then suface milled using cutlines from outer to inner (Param = spiral). The result? Six of the cuts take a shortcut and pass over the centre of the inner ring.

I could go on for longer but I would just like to know if anybody else is tearing their hair out?One last thing, hasanybody got autosave or do you automatically say yes to the 'do you want to quit' prompt and lose the lot?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back