Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

radial pattern axis circle

tiger6425

On my Drawing I am trying to have two circles show as two separate dotted lines. The one that goes through the six circles has to show as dotted lines, which does show on the drawing. I tried on the drawing going into File / Drawing Options radial_pattern_axis_circle and changed the drop down option to Yes and clicked apply and close. I am thinking its something probably in the part sketch. Any ideas how to solve this? My two image files are pulleyPrt.jpg and pulleyDwg.jpg in pulley.zip
2011-04-01_235942_pulley.zip

Try creating a single extruded hole and pattern it as an axis pattern or create a single radial or diameter hole feature and pattern it using the angle as the dimension increment or axis pattern the hole.

I created the holes using a simple radial pattern with the similiar
fundamentals from the three pages from the book Pro|Engineer Wildfire
5.0 Tutorial and Multimedia CD ISBN: 978-1-58503-535-9.

I started
by using the hole tool clicked the placement of the hole then clicked
the placement panel like in fig. 1.Selected where I liked the hole,
choose my two offset references switched the type to radial and clicked
the placement tab to slide up.In shape tab, selected through
all.Selected the green checkmark.

Then I selected the Hole1 and
clicked patttern like in fig. 2.Changed the 30 degree dimension to 60
degrees,entered the pattern members to 6 like in fig 3.Clicked the
green checkmark.

Then in the Main Menu selected Tools/Relations
in figure 4 put in the appropriate calculations then clicked toggle
dimensions clicked verify then ok.

Then when I switched to
pulley.drw. In the main menu, I entered File/Drawing options.Scrolled
half way down selected radial_axis_pattern_circle selected yes from the
drop down menu clicked Add/Change then apply then close.

The circular dotted reference through the six circles doesn't appear like in fig. 5.

I will attach images of the pages from the book to show what I am following.Haven't got any different results.

The screen shots are fig. 1-5 and pgs 8-28 through 8-30,8-37,8-39
2011-04-04_171644_pulley2.1.zip

Not sure what other directions you have but based on what you are showing you're using the the display icons to show the axes. Turn the axes off using the display icon. Assuming the drawing option radial_pattern_axis_circle is set to YES you now need to go to the Annotation tab and select Show Model Annotations. Select the last tab on the dialog box which is the datum display tab and select the view. A list of the axes should should show, you can use the select all button on the bottom left of the dialog box.

View attachment 4999

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back