Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Quick solidworks questions

dillspy

I am new to solidworks. I have been using it for a few months now. I previously used pro/E and Autocad Mechanical Desktop. The problem that I am having, is that I recently put a new mouse on my system and am wanting to utilize all the new buttons. I got a Logitech MX revolution and was wondering if there was a way in solidworks to edit what the mouse buttons do. I have only found how to change the keyboard shortcuts. I also have a question about when I am working on new drawings. I will go and try to dimensions them, but when I go to pick the line, it doesn't highlight it to show which one I am picking. Is this just a bug in the program or is there a an option that needs to get checked. Like I said, I am new, dont flame me for not knowing what I am doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

to change your selections types go to TOOLs- options - system options - display selection. and yo can change whether or not you can select hidden lines or not as well as couple of other otions.

I have a Mx 518 and use the software to set my buttons up in SW so my side buttons are sketch and measure respectivly, everythign else I map tp my keyboard like x for extrude c for cut and v for convert entities.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back