Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Query In detailing

madhan88

Hi all,

Pls help me in this issue. I have a big machine drawing
with me. In one view I need to show both the Partial view
and Broken view.

Pls give me the solution for this.

As I know.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

first use broken view than go to section view.

It ill temporarily suppress broken view feature once you finish it ill show you both.

ya.. but here i required to proceed both the partial and
broken views in my section view !!

I tried that I could go with either section and partial
view or section with broken.
But the thing is all this 3 required now..

* When i gave partial view , then Broken is disabled.

* When i gave broken view, partial view is disabled.

smiley18.gif
smiley18.gif
smiley18.gif

There is a workaround which is somehow cumbersome but it works.

Create3 partial views (for the upper, middleand lower part of the "broken view"). Modify the boundary lines to show upper, middleand lower part. In the model create point feature based on the CSYS or three datum planes - this will be common to all three views and will serve as their origin. Now, change the property of each view for the origin to be at the point you've just created in the model - don't worry about the coordinates, just hitApply and Close the properties. When done for all three views, move one to the desired spot on the drawing, open its Properties (View Origin) and modify the coordinates to be rounded up and easy to remember. Write down the coordinates. Now, set the coordinates for the other two views to be as with the first one.

Remember, when you move the first view with the mouse, you then need to adjust the coordinates of the other two views for views to be aligned again.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back