Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

.PTS file

design-engine

I am supposta be the expert. I have a .pts file that I need to get into WF5.0 and forgot how I've done these in the past. Ill probably figure it out before I get an answer. b I got the file to come into Alias Studio but can't select the point cloud. Tried to export that as IGES and STEP. Im going to do that again expecting a different result ;) HELP

haaha. I found it. ;)

Offset CSys Datum Point .... of course it crashed bringing in this monstrous file but I did find it myself.

Last edited:
I managed to get the points to import into WF5.0 but with he help of Rhino. Now when I save the monstrosity it crashes. figures. Ill simplify it in Rhino.

I like having conversations with myself.

I managed to get the points to import into WF5.0 but with he help of Rhino. Now when I save the monstrosity it crashes. figures. Ill simplify it in Rhino.

I like having conversations with myself.

Hi Bart,
if the .PTS file contains million of points, I guess you're doing a reverse engineering job.
If so, then you need a 32 bit version of WF5.0 and the REX option installed.
Starting from Creo 1.0, importing the point cloud also works in a 64-bit installation.

Bye
Acad

Bart,

Good to see you here.

It may not be applicable in this case, but my recommendation has always been to use Geomagic Capture software to capture scans, create and seal the quilt, export direct to Pro/E ... uh ... er Creo. Look me up when you're in Charlotte, and I'll show you the model of a fish that I scanned. The scale details are amazing.

-Your former student.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back