Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC, What a great company (NOT)

Skint,

I has a similar experience with Vodafone. I wanted to change my wife's contract (she talks too much like all women and needed more miutes) and since I'd been a customer for a very long time I thought they'd help out but no. The new customers get all the great deals and existing customers have to put up with the same sh**ty deals they got 10 years ago. I cancelled the contract though and they came running back to me. All of a sudden they can do miracles.

As for the mortages, I remortgaged in April with Bradford and Bingley. They had some great deals and to make it all better, the mortgage advisor was veryfit.
smiley17.gif
Worth a trip to Belfast I reckon. Don't think my wife was too happy though when I took out every insurance she offered
smiley18.gif
. I just couldnt refuse!!!!
smiley36.gif

Ahhh Michael,

We really know that the guy I talked about in a previous post is really the guy who deals out mortgages and insurances at the banks........You sure you didn't have a pair of beer goggles on when you went to do the deal?

Kev

No, she was definetely all woman, nothing like the fat b*****d in the ads. Trust me, there's no way he could have filled a trouser suit as nicely as she did
smiley4.gif

dgs said:
vercoutter@duco said:
Dear all,

PTC is all about money !!! And it will never change !!

And why, ultimately, does your company exist or do you go to work?

Of course the end result is a profit for our investors, but like most companies that drive is invisible to our customers. We absolutely have to make our customers happy or we go under. We have dozens of competitors, and we bend over backwards to meet our customers needs. We often times take losses to please a customer, knowing they will stay.If someone is unhappy we fix it. There have been times we've takenlosses to take a job away from a competitor. That is how it is with competition. The customer could buy a Sony or Hitachitelevision and get a good solution either way. BUT... PTC does not have that type of competition. Sure they've had their market share takenaway, but fora current customerwith tons of legacy Pro/E data to switch over would be a difficult and costly task. Plus, Solidworks and Solid edge are not equivalent in terms of functionality, its not a case of unplugging one and replacing with another. So we aresomewhat stuck with them, and I believe they know that. .

mmmm. I have to disagree. I don't believe any one is stuck with there CAD software. Most business today, with 3D models, is based on just the 3D geometry (STEP, IGES, STL, etc...) and a good old drawing. Unless your company's complete process is married to say PTC like CAD, CAM, CMM etc.... then maybe a slight bump but not a show stopper. Its not like PTC or any other CAD/CAM software only opens there file formats. I'm not saying switch is as easy as pie but for a company that is truely unhappy, the switch is completely possible.

Customer service has completely gone to the waste side. As far as asking a company for a 3 or 4 week uasage of there product,.... not too sure about that one. The thing about companies like PTC or even better, (off track here) THE CABLE COMPANY. Now I'm not going to say any names here but their first initial begins with COMCAST! offer a service that is extremely over priced and then only offer, some what, a price breaks for new customers. I could never understand why a company turns there focus on gaining customers rather then keep customers. Oh, yeah I forgot. I guess its easy to do that WHEN THEY'RE THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED AS A CHOICE!
smiley5.gif

Sorry for going off track. I hate comcast and all companies that do business like them. Which is a lot I'd say.

Like Phoxeoy said, there's no reason to over-estimate legacy. If you have an integrated PDM-system running then you have a major exporting/importing/translating job at hand but else you can mix and switch systems without too much of a problem. The best way is to start with a part of the users on a new system and do the new projects with it. The rest can do production and small changes with the old system kept at present level. Doing so gives new users a chance to learn and time to rebuild models that should stay parametric in the new system.

Did a switch in the past and found us translating very little, most stuff done on legacy is consulting type of job.

Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back