Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC product

bboxster73

Hi
Is there any PTC product witch allows to retrieves in all directories duplicated files (.prt; .asm;...) in order to delete them?

Can you clarify what it is that you are trying to do?

Is it that you have files with the same name in different directories, and then have different versions of all of these? Are you wanting to keep just the latest version of each?

Regards, Greg

PTC offers PDM software to prevent situations like you describe... but "cleaning up redundant ProE files on file folder systems" is priced under the "implementation" part of the purchase order when you buy suchsoftware (I-link, Windchill,). Same is true for 3rd parties...

I think afairly simple script could be written in DOS to accomplish what you are trying to do. Do you have internal IT resources where you are working that you could call upon? Approximately how many files/folders are you looking to consolidate? This will help you decide how to spend your resources most effectively. Perhaps hiring a summer intern or a co-op to seek-and-destroy is the cheapest way to do this...

Also - Don't forget to manage your search.pro files accordingly.

Hope this helps

Whats up Jim,

I just saw a talk at the Milwaukee Pro/E use conference by the chapter president on database management with respect to Pro/E and I'm even more confused. I guess with more money you can get more power to search and control.

Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back