Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC Forum

that forum is pants anyway
smiley36.gif

The only thing PTC support forum is good for is to fill your screen up with nothing your looking for. The word "support" does not belong anywhere near the letters P T and C. And yes, I'll have a slurpy with that.

cbenner, to answer your question, it is (has been) down or having trouble for a few days. I too get the time out error.

Thank you extreme. Besides not knowing what "pants" means (other than to cover my a$$...) I found the other responses on here a little less than helpful for what I thought was a fairly simple question.

smiley13.gif

It wasn't a simple question, it was a stupid question. Let me break it down for you; go to ptc.com,... oops, not working. Now go to mcadcentral.com,... mmmm, internet is still working,.. mmmm, must be PTC. But you know what, I'm not satisfied with that conclusion.
smiley11.gif

Ioccasionally try, unsuccessfully,to access this site and after a while delete the corrupted cookiesand all is well. I may have even posted to comp.cad.pro-e the first time it happend.... Ok. I'mcool with being onthe 'stupid' list.

I, on the other hand, am not "cool" with anyone calling me stupid. I have found, and I think shared some good ideas on this site. However, if the responses to this post are indicative of the quality of it's visitors, I think you can safely say goodbye to me.

Its the snide remarks pal, "other responses on here a little less than helpful" and "the quality of it's visitors", are a little to back door for me. You could have just said thank you to who ever answered your question and moved on. But you elected to do so along with a snide additive. Who gives a rats a$$ if somebody threw in a comment rather than a solution; you act as if you called up a support line and they told you they don't like your shoes. Nobody here is obligated to answer in anyway you deem a quality way.

Goodbye to ya, hope PTC's forum answers all your stupid questions. Somehow, I don't think they could even do that.

Usually I dont respond to rants like this has turned into, but, Phoxeoy I do believe that you were and are out of line.

He had a ligament question/concern and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same problems.

If you had know valid/useful feedback, you should have stayed out of it.

Regardless of user experience level, everyone eventually has a question and needs help, that why sites like this exist. But when it comes to people that respond with comments like yours it makes it more difficult to either ask or answer a question because they just want the B.S. responses.

I see that you have been a member here since 2004 and have over 300 posts logged. So, by your response here, can I assume that if I looked back through all your questions that I, or anyone else, would not consider them to be "stupid" or odd? Evening dating back to your beginner days of PRO/E?
How do you think it would make you feel if someone responded to your questions with "That is a stupid question"...blah blah blah....

If it was me, then I think that I would be pissed off about it. In fact, I may have tried reporting to the Forum Manager as"abusive"

Know one comes here or any forum for abuse, we all come here for help or to help others.

I don't believe I'm out of line at all. I made a "statement" along with some others.

cbenner said:
Besides not knowing what "pants" means (other than to cover my a$$...) I found the other responses on here a little less than helpful for what I thought was a fairly simple question.

Now given this "statement", who is calling who stupid? My "statement" was not directed at anybody, just a pick at PTC support.

Extreme, you base your response as if I came attacking out of thin air. No, I don't like that crap at forums either but the only comment I see in here that came attacking from nowhere is his. I don't have the patients for smart a$$es.

The PTC Forums? hmmm...I think there have been times that I got some good information off of it before. Its always interesting to see the types of questions that come across any forum. There are times that you can tell the question is from a beginner, which I like to help if I can, and there are times you can tell a question comes from an experienced user that is just "stuck" or burned out from trying. LOL.

The real problem with that forum is that it does not get the participation level as either this forum or the PTC/USER forum. And, as good as this forum is, it really can not compare to the information and knowledge that is passed along the PTC/USER forum.

jeff4136 said:
Does anyone have anything good to say about PTC forums?
This one is pants that need laundering.

This forum is good. 99% of my questions (no matter how stupid :) have been answered to my satisfaction. There's TONS of people with vast ProE knowledge in here IMHO and I thank you all for being here.

You know, I thought Pheoxy's remarks were a little strong too. BUT.... when I checked and saw this was the Rant & Rave section..... I suppose a little more smack talk can be expected.
smiley18.gif

You must bestupid, stupid, stupid. Tongue in cheek, of course, but get my drift?

Now, if the guy'd posted the question in the Modeling group that would have been worth a rant. But that's become so common people have given up asking that questions be put inan appropriate group. Or that people with no more interest in Pro/E than getting thru a semester pay attention in class, read the program documentationand at least think about their problem before posting or ... oh, never mind.

Peace be with ya...

jeff4136 said:
You must bestupid, stupid, stupid. Tongue in cheek, of course, but get my drift?

Just another shark in the dirty water, right?

I hate to go slightly off topic here but sincethis post has kind of gone off the rails anyway, has anyone noticed the ptcuser exploder website not working?To manyvacation out-of-officeemails so I usually just visit their website but I haven't been able to log in in weeks. As much as Ihate their spam from design world, I think mcadcentral has got to be the onlyreliable Pro/E site left thats worth a darn.

I usually look in there every couple of days or so and haven't had any problem accessing the site. Have opted out of all their emailing except a daily summary which have been coming in regularly.

I don't get anything from Design World and believe you can get rid of it.The issue was mentioned in, I think,the Design World topic in this group.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back