Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

protoolkit - load coordiantes

bocian49

I starting programing with protoolkit and I want to create application which load a coordinates of points created in part to some text document. Is it possible?

I work with Creo Parametric 1.0

Thanks for answer

Viktor

use ProPointCoordGet() .. it will return 3D vector with values of x,y,z co-rdinates using C++ calls write them to text document.

Read in the API Wizard about visiting geometry. You will learn how to traverse the features of a solid and then to visit each geometry item of the feature. You can then call APIs to get the X, Y, Z coordinates of the geometry in the solid coordinate system. If you need the points out in a different coordinate system then you will have to transform the point by using a matrix. It's all a LOT OF FUN...

I have one more question.

I created application which load points and print coordinates to text file with your help. But I want to skip hidden points.

I tried to use function ProGeomitemIsInactive but application writes coordinates of hidden points to file. Is it the proper function for my problem or I have to use some other function?

Thanks for your answers

Regards

Viktor
Edited by: bocian49

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back