Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProIntralink 3.4 M070 &Wildfire2.0 M280 C

shim60

Dear Intralinkers,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

We have started our migration from Wildfire2.0 to Wildfire4.0
Our plans are to upgrade to Wildfire 4.0 in two stages:
1. Upgrading to Intralink 3.4 M070 and Wildfire 2.0 M280.
2. Upgrading to Wildfire 4.0 M080.
We have completed stage 1 about 6 weeks ago. Since that upgrade, we face stability problems: Intralink & Pro/E crashes and performance has decreased.In most cases when Intralink crashes we get a hs_err_pidxxx.log file (I have attached an example) and in some cases, when Proe crashes we have in the std.out file a quite vague Exception notice (Exception - code was -1073741819).
Prior to the upgrade we worked with Intralink 3.4 M030 and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0M230 which was a very stable
Configuration.
We are using Windows XP 32 bit with the /3GB switch and ProE+Intralink client are installed on a network .
Our workstations are PTC certified.

Do you have a similar configuration, or planning to move to a similar configuration?
Have you experienced similar issues ?
Do you have any other suggestion?

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Shimon Michaelovich
Pdm+Mcad Engineer
RAFAEL
2009-10-05_085852_hs_err_pid4264.zip

first of all, the 3GB is a pain. We experimented with a PTC CertifiedDell Precision 4400 laptop with XP SP3 and 4 GB Ram using certified configuration and drivers, and we got better performance without the switch. With the switch Pro/E, Inventor and even the e-mail crashed the machine. I'm suspicious about the stability of nvidia drivers while using the 3gb switch, but haven't investigated any further.

Also, for some reason that's just beyond my limited intelligence, Wildfire 3 and above seem to work better with PDM 9 than with IntraLink 3.4 or PDM 8. You don't want to try PDM 8 and WF4, believe me.

My first guess would be to remove the /3gb switch and give it a try. Also, you may want to stay away from the latest video drivers if you're using nvidia cards. If this is your case then roll back to the latest driver available from your computer manufacturer (DELL in my case), not from the nvidia site. I hope it helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back