Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Programming with ’/’ block skip

kmuller

Is it possible with PROE and PROMAN to model and post the program utilizing block skip to accomodate variations between 2 similar parts?
Edited by: kmuller

Customize>>>CL Command

OPSKIP/ON

Tool path where the parts are different

OPSKIP/OFF

Bad thing with this is if you rerun tool path you have to go back in and insert CL Commands.

Mr Ray,

What Kirk is looking for is to have two moldels that are 90% the same and be able to toggle between the two.An example would be asquare part. One has some drilled and tapped holes in a bolt circle withvarying hole depths. The othermodel has all the same features but the holes are located indifferent locations with different depths. There would be one program with block skips andgoto routines to be able to run both parts withoutseperate setups.I don't think that you can use an instance?

I took input from MR Ray in regards to the "opskip" issue. There was more involved that just using a opskip. I had to add both models into the manufacturing assembly. Once this was done the tool paths with blockopskips neede to be planned out. I did not want the first hole in my subroutine to be onethat had tp have a block slash. This would make for a strangemoving program when the block slash was turned on. I also had to arrange the holes so that I could try to block slash a group of holes at a time. The only thing that I could not get pro to do at this time is to "insert" a "goto" command in the finished code. I am still thinking about this one. With this format, one or both models can be replacedto revise the program. If Ican get the "goto" commands into the CLI will not have to edit any code to make this work.

Cncwiz

We have used the auxilary nc sequence to trigger a function in the post. example:

one part has a boltcircle pattern (tapped holes) and the other does not. We would have an auxilarync sequence before the spotting and one after the tapping. The first would trigger the post to look ahead (user defined word which you would add into the customize toolpath) and the other to stop and give you the 'end' This way you could get the post to output a '/GOTO' statement. Assuming you use macro's on the controller that uses 'GOTO' and 'END'.

Of course you would need to customize your post as well to process the word. I am using Campost and it works pretty well.
Edited by: TonyJager

Tony,

A friend of mine sugested that I use an aux seguence before and after I tool that I wanted to slash. I tried that but it did not work with the formatted post that I am working on at this time. I am sure that I will be looking at this funtion again. This project is evolving. I have allthe"SLASHES" and"GOTO's" outputtig like I want. I amusing them in the"custom" area. I am using "connect" and "insert" commands to uotput it all. Thanks to this site and others as well as some proman friends, this project isgoing to work well. Feel free to add any input to this topic as that it looks like a lot of people are looking at it.

smiley2.gif

Found out another new rule. When you define a hole sequence, "YOU MUST" do drill groups seperate by parts. If you have the same tool and you pick all the axis of the two different parts it will blow away the all the holes from one of the parts. It took me a while to figure this out but once I corrected it all worked well again.

smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back