Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE WF3 Educ. ver. > ProE WF3 Corp. ver

teekay

Fellows,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

In school I'm working on mysenior project on ProE WF 3educationalversion. Now when I go to work to show my boss something and ask him to help me model couple things, I can not open the files because it says that the file was created with educational version of ProE and is not compatible with the ProE version I am running (at work).

So how can i transfer the files to retain the model tree and everything else?? Any ideas? Thank You.

-Tom

> how can i transfer the files to retain
> the model tree and everything else?

You cannot. Holders of an academic license may be able to. Ask your
instructor.

> show my boss something and ask
> him to help me model couple things

You don't need features and history for that. Neutral format geometry
translations should be sufficient. Won't SE export IGES, STEP, Granite
neutrals, etc?

it will it's just that i really wanted to retain my model tree if i have to change something :/....

jeff4136 said:
> how can i transfer the files to retain
> the model tree and everything else?

You cannot. Holders of an academic license may be able to. Ask your
instructor.

> show my boss something and ask
> him to help me model couple things

You don't need features and history for that. Neutral format geometry
translations should be sufficient. Won't SE export IGES, STEP, Granite
neutrals, etc?

teekay - With complete interoperability between corporate and SE, how could they justify the price difference?

Just gotta communicate modeling techniques another way... good luck!

jimshaw said:
teekay - With complete interoperability between corporate and SE, how could they justify the price difference?

Just gotta communicate modeling techniques another way... good luck!

:(... it's ok i'll just spend more timeon it... i used step file to save me ASM, it has all the partssubasm's and names but nomodel tree :(... i guess it's good enough for what i need :)

In the University ask Instructor to convert your files to commercial version. THats it.

Israr

One suggestion Teekay...

ask here when you run into a problem, then before you know it

the boss will be asking you HOW to do something
smiley2.gif

jimshaw,

All the University licenses have the conversion module included. But only the administator can use it.

Israr

can u download the conversion module frm newhere? i have a funny problem, initially created the parts in commercials version, could open at school w/ educational version, came hm to work on it (student version) and it wouldnt open, funny thing is, SOME parts would open OTHERS wouldnt=S but at school the whole assembly opened w/ no flaws, correct me if im wrong....but u can go frm commercial to any version, but not student/education to commercial. this is one problem i hate to have because its frustrating and time consuming.

Israr said:
jimshaw,

All the University licenses have the conversion module included. But only the administator can use it.

Israr

Are you a university admin? Are you familiar with the setup? Is it run off of the license server or something?

1. Open the file which has the model you want to convert.

2. Go to Tools | Floating Modules, check EDU_COM_Convert, and click OK. The message window at the bottom of the Pro/E windows shows:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back