Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE crashing

Texas_Drafter

i am working on a drum for a winch assembly and trying to create a section view. when i get to a certain step in the section view creation process the whole program shuts down. i have this same problem with other drawings and models but there is no consistency to it. this is the first time that it has kept happening on the same step of veiw creation. other times i will just be working and suddenly it will crash. does anyone have any idea why this would be happening and how i can fix it. it really ticks me off when i lose half a days work because it crashes. any help is appreciated.

Sounds like a bug, you could update to a newer datecode.
What datecode and version are you running?

2 other things:

-save more often, you should be saving more that 2 times
per day or getting into situations where you could lose
a half a days work.
-learn to use trail files to recoup lost work

csusie i am running wildfire 2.0 i beleive and i have no idea about the datecode

where can i find out?

i am self taught and have barely scratched the surface of the program

harichennai

what shoudl i look for in the std.out just remember i have a only a

basic knowledge of the program.

IT IS WILDIFRE AND THE DATE CODE IS 2003100. THE COMPANY I WORK FOR DOESNT HAVE A TECH SUPPORT CONRACT AND HASNT HAD ONE FOR A LONG TIME. WOULD I BE ABLE TO UPDATE THE DATE CODE WITHOUT GOIGN THROUGH THE PROE COMPANY.

Hi Texas Drafter,

Unfortunately, i don't think that you are able to update without maintenance activated. Anyway, i believe that M260 should be the latest datecode for Wildfire.

Another thing is that you can try to see if there is any other way to get the section in a different manner (probably the steps you take may cause it to have an error in calculation because of a bug)

Save more often is a good advice!

thanks for the help. my problem with saving often is the way our system is set up. if i make one small change on a lower level assembly sometimes it destroys every assembly up from there and i have to check though each one to see what kind of effect a change is going to have on the upper levels before i save. i have made mistakes in the past where i made a small change on a sub assembly and saved it before checking everything and it took several days to repair all the problems it had caused. im sure there are ways around that but i have a very limited knowledge of the program and cant convince my boss to get me some training. i dont even have a manual to work from.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back