Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Proe Crashes - Opening another Model

maxoom

Hi

Just wondering if any has experienced and resolved the following ProE crash. I can only have one model open. When I try and open another model ProE shuts down. This is trying to open from a file directory, trying to open a family table model from the opened generic model, and even when I try and make a hole by using the sketch hole feature when the hole program is functioning. It seems whenever a "new" window is requested ProE Crashes. This is in Wildfire 2. In the std.err file the following is displayed "RAISING SIGNAL : Signal number : 11". From the std.out "type ABS; type ABS"

Any idea???

Thanks

Could it be a graphics card issue? Are you using ATI? They are notorious for crashing Pro/E. Check your graphics card driver, also check which release of Pro/E you have. Other things that are likely to crash Pro/E are welds and cross sections although these don't always reveal themselves until you come to open a drawing.

Yes I am using a ATI Graphics card. Funny thing it use to work before, that is I was able to open multiple models. Now what I have done was a few weeks ago was upadted the graphics card driver and I installed a WiFi card, I never really usewd ProE on this computer until a few days ago. I had to fix up the licensce because it picked up on the Wifi card and not the built in network, that's done and got ProE to work again. Would you know of a setting I should be using for ProE that I may be able to alter in the ATI graphics card setting. Someone metioned to me that ProE needs to run on a certain setting, I think it was openGL or maybe a 3D setting, I'm not sure. Thanks for the advice so far. If there's more to add I'm listening.

Thanks

Well it seemed to be some graphics card setting. Played around with the configuration and eventually it worked. Not sure what I really had to do but it worked.

For performance you want to run Pro/E in OpenGL but any driver problems will cause Pro/E to crash. Turning off OpenGL will usually be stable but much slower. There are lots of settings in the drivers, I don't have any recent experience with ATI so I can't give any recommendations. If you have any more problems you might want to roll your driver back to what you had before or look on both PTC and ATI websites to find which driver version is officially supported. Usually the latest driver will NOT be on the supported lists.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back