Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem with new monitor

Volunteer

Super Moderator
So, I finally whined enough and got a 24" Dell LCD monitor. The problem is when I move a view or a symbol on the drawing there is a big lag in the response time. I have to move stuff very slow. I looked at my config.pro and I have it set to "graphics opengl". The monitor resolution is set at 1920 x 1200. the graphics card is a Quadro FX 3700. Is this normal behavior for this monitor, or is the resolution set to high?

We have HP2465 LCD 24 inch displays with 1920 x 1200 resolution. Our graphics cards are Quadro FX1600M. No issues with speed. Works ok.

We can even use two displays at the same time: the notebook's own display and the external display and even then itdoes not get sluggish. (The notebooks we use are Compaq 8710w with 2GB memory)

Thanks for the reply. The monitor works great on shaded assemblies, its just on the drawing that I see the sluggish response when I am moving views or moving symbols around. If I change the config.pro option "graphics opengl" to "graphics win32_gdi" the response time on the drawing is good, but the shaded assembly performance gets real bad. This tells me it is something on the graphics card that I don't have set correctly.

I think it's just a thing with Pro/E. Symbols have alays been sluggish for some reason for as long as I can remember.

I'm using a Dell 24" screen & Quadro FX3450 in opengl. Both shaded & drawing graphics are fast. I would try reloading your graphics driver, perhaps with a newer one or with the last officially certified one.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back