Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem with decimal places

skwasim_smile

Hii,

Iam new to this forum hope u guy's can help me out with my problem, my problem is that I want the dimension to be in 3 decimal places and when I click the dimension and go to the properties and try to change it to 3 decimal places nothing happens and my dimension is in Nominal mode can you please tell me how can I achieve this dimension

(e.g I need the dimension to be 231.000 but the dimension is showing 231 even after I change it to 3 decimal for places in dimension properties)

New from 2005
smiley2.gif

1. If the dimension is a dual dimension then it might be controlled by dual_digits_diff from drawing dtl.

2. If the dimension is in a note then you have to select the dimension to be able to change the number of decimal places.

3. try to change it with fromat / decimal places.

Last one should definately work.

Checkthe "lead_trail_zeros" in your config file? Maybe it's been changed? Mine is set to: std_default andI have no problem.

bobb

Hii,

Thanks guys for the response and VLAD1979 this is my first time in the DRAWING forum because all the time i used to be in MODELLING forum anyway thanks for the tips i will surely look forward for tht and please if could tell me the basic config.pro option which i set for drawing it would be helpful

thanks

wasim

If you need all dimensions that you add to a drawing to have 3 decimal places then you should change in config. pro the option default_dec_places to 3 (tools / options)

But Bobb may have a point there, that could be another option you should change lead_trail_zeros in your .dtl file in drawing right click on the drawing / properties / options but change it to both. lead_trail_zeros controles how the zeros are displayed in drawing. Try different options to see.

Try the first one, if that doesn't work see if lead_trail_zeros is set toboth , if not change it to this option

std_default will not work if the model units are mm, it will still blank the zeros.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back