Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

problem with advanced fasteners

stefabry

Recently i have found out that the bolt preload can be modeled using advanced fasteners in ProMechanica.

Unfortunately when i set the fastener to include this modeling capability, i receivethe followingwarning in the report of the analysis:

"The local point measure fastener*_separation_stress has no elements associated with it. A zero value will be assigned"

It happens for each fastener (number *) i include in the analysis. I tried tofix the problem varying the separation test diameter but it doesn't work. I also checkedthe effects ofchanging all of the other bolt parameters without success
smiley19.gif

This problem leads to compute a 0 separation stress. May thismistake affect the contact analysis, when contact regions are included?

May someone help me to fix the problem? Thank u very much in advance

Fabrizio Stefani

Dept. of Mechanics and Machine Design,

University of Genoa, Italy

What version are you running?

I had a similar problem last week and resolved it by changing to WF2 M220.

PTC has issued an SPR about fasteners on versions before M220

I am running WF2 M050. Ihad suspicion that it was a bug...OK I'm going toupdate the version...

thank you very much for your help...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back