Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/WELD

Kemmenegger

I have created a weldment assembly and I want to use the weld functions. However when I go thru the weld tool options and one required option for 'material side' remains undefined. I assume I am doing something wrong. The software will not let me define it. i tried to define both parts in the weldment as steel...

Suggestions?

The trick is to chose one edge of one part for a welded edge and chose the middle click twice. Then chose the other edge of the other part and middle click twice...The system should prompt you for the weld thickness and which side to create the weld.... that's your material side.

weld6001.jpg

Notice the nice solidworks background.... ;)
Edited by: design-engine

Yep, the trick is to complete the selection before you
try and select the component you are welding to. If you
need to continue the weld across several pieces you
would not middle click between the same side selections.

Superman colors are better then Solidworks colors.

Note: you could just click done instead of middle
clicking twice to save two clicks - if you are a click
counter.

because solidworks people are click counters ;) <- bart told me to say that because I don't know solidworks yet. Ill try that now....

Edited by: Kemmenegger

I am having the same problem that Kristina was having, and Bart's solution doesn't work for me. I just keep receiving the same prompt: "Not all elements are defined. Select element(s) or action(s) from dialog box." Then, I select "Material Side" and "Define", and I receive the same prompt; no dialog box shows up, nothing changes.

Is there a configuration setting that I'm missing? Have I entered a parallel universe, one that I really don't like? Am I just slowly losing my mind......?

Verge, youre not the only one in the 'not all elements are defined' universe thats what i got too.
Julian WF2

Well, that was a simple problem that I overlooked. The width of my weld was greater than the width of the surface! Too busy figuring this application out to do it right, I guess!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back