Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/MECHANISM help

backoffice

Hi all..
in order to understand what I would like to have, please see the pic:
the PIPE.PRT is assemblated with a cylinder constraint, so should rotate and traslate through the hole on the RECT.PRT, but when touching the surface of the BASE.PRT, I would like that the PIPE stop translation but continue rotating.
I attached also my assembly .ZIP

2008-12-09_135403_Back.zip
many thanks

Try using joint limits. You don't say what version of Pro/Engineer you are using and the way to apply them has changed considerably between WF2, WF3 and WF4. Set the joint limit on axis 1 (check that the units are mm to make sure you have picked the right one) so that it stops when the pipe reaches the plate. It's best if the pipe is assembled to the base and that the joint zero postion is set when the pipe touches the base.

Regards,

Rod

In connection definition window you may have the possibility to control the "cylinder-connection" (MDX-definition). In WF3.0

Hope that helps you .

thanks, I'm using wf3.
I cannot assemblate the pipe to base because of the project design requirement...this is simplfied model of the one on witch I'm working.
Thanks all of you about yours suggestions.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back