Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Mechanica Measure of strain

mpowered

Hi,

i am trying to understend how or what exatly Pro/mechanica measures with the "strain"-Measure.

I have made a model to simulate the strain of a seal. Evertything worked fine, I have reached reasonable results and now that what I am tryng to do is to measure the compression of the seal across the section of the seal. Can anyone tell me how is that possible with mechanica?

I have tryed to assign a measure on the section and I became a Graph, but I do not understand waht the graph tells me.

here is what happens:
029692043-big.jpg

What I don't understand is the vertical axis, what is shown there? At the selection of the measure type, I assigned a "strain" and defined a geometrical element, where I selected the section of the seal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Exactly strain can only be interpreted as change in length along the selected edge or length so what ever the axis you select along that you calculate the change in length.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back