Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/INTRALINK 8.0 Data Migrator

mediumsliced

Hi, I originally posted this on the PTC.com forums, but didn't get much response there, was wondering if anybody has any inputs here.

Like the subject says, what or how can we come about the number of threads when loading data using the Data Migrator? I'm trying it out now, with a cloned db with over 200,000 PIVs and it looks like it's taking forever using a thread count of 2. Anybody have any inputs?

I have just been on PTC migration training so I havent really try this in real life.

The formular is

4xnumber of cpu -2

That mean if you have 2 cpu: 4x2-2 =6

if you have 1cpu =4x1-2=1

The instructor told us he always use 2. It do not matter if it take 3 or 4 hour. Better to be safe and working withour problems that fast and then it fail after a while. Start it in the evening and it should be finish next morning.

Thanks. I completed the migration 2 weeks ago. It went smoothly. The AsStored data loader took the longest time to load, about 6 hours, so, everybody, a heads-up if you are doing a migration to plan your time around it. the FileTransfer data loader surprisingly took about 3 hours only, but that can probably be attributed to the fibre optic network link between the source and targets.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back