Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/I Client Disconnect Mystery

battellemi

Stumped!

Pro/I 3.4 m040

Win 2003 Server

Withthe blissful stroke ofa magic wand corporate IM decided to resegment the network. While doingthis waswarranted due to security concerns, it hasproduced a most perplexing Pro/I mystery.Users are nowexperiencing sudden ORA-03114 errors (i.e. OracleDisconnect), asreported in .proi.log, after a period of inactivity (40-60 min);regardless if Pro/Engineer isrunning.TNSPING reports port 1521 and all seems in order (this is verified on the server with 'netstat' 1521 is listening).Client function is unaffectedupon startup or logon.Again, it would appear, the error only occurs after a period of inactivity. PTCagrees a network issue isthe culprit, however, beyond a fewsuggestions, leaves much to ponder.

Withlimited direct visibility or access to the firewall, etc., any ideas on how to isolate the cause oris there anyone that may have struggled with this?

One additionalpoint ofclarification, prior to resegmentation all wasright with the world.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back