Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-Engineer-wrap command

student21

Hi there, i'm looking to use the wrap tool to create a shape along a wrinkly type surface, or any surface for that matter. I've come to realise you can't wrap a solid, and effectively the only thing you can do is wrap a sketch. So i was thinking aboutdoing the following manoeuvre.That i wouldcreate or copy a surface, wrap the sketch onto the surface, trim the surface using the wrapped sketch, then thicken the surface to make it solid.
However, while this works in theory, it doesn't seem to work in practice. I can wrap the sketch on to the surface, but then i have enourmous difficluty trimming the surface using the wrapped sketch, all i can achieve is trimming part of the sketch away, not as a surface/shape, just the blue line of the sketch. Where am i going wrong? and is it at all possible? Please try it yourself and see if it works? If it does, could youtalk me through it step by step? any other queries or more info needed, just ask?
thanks for any advice.

hi it's me student21 (the questionnaire) I have just figured out, i'm an idiot, i was trimming the sketch instead of the surface. It's the other way round. silly me, thanks anyways.

smiley36.gif
Every day is a school day!

Dear student21

I attached a warp tutorial see it

thanks

sarwat
<div style="margin-left: 40px;"></div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back