Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/ Engineer Schools Edition

Fred_The_Frog

I have installed it and it says there are two cabnet files missing. It wont start up when i click on the short cut, and the application. Any ideas why?

I have to pop out now so thats why i havent written much
smiley17.gif

"it says there are two cabnet [sic] files missing."

What is "it?"
What two cabinet files are reported as missing? Did you search for them and verify they are there or not there?
Where did you install from? Do you have a CD, or did you download the package from somewhere? Are the cabinet files on the CD/in the downloaded package?

"it won't start up when I click on the shortcut, and the application."

Go to the properties of the shortcut (Right-click, select "Properties") and make a note of the path in the "Target" field.

Open a command prompt (Windows Start Menu -> run -> enter "cmd.exe") and run the same command from the command prompt. What, if anything, is output?

Ok thanks right:
It= an error message after the installation had finished, it says:
< http-equiv="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 14">

The Following conditions arose
during

Installation copy procedures:

Missing Zip, Jar or cabinet file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC.Setup\ptcsh0\ptc20.cab

Missing Zip, Jar or cabinet file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC.Setup\ptcsh1\ptc39.cab

I did look for the files, and the first file (PTC20.cab) was there, but the file name is: ptc20.cab.tmp, and it says it is a TMP file with a size of 0Kb

The next file (ptc39.cab) isn't there at all.

I installed it from a download from this website: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/mkt/educational/program.jsp?&am p;im_dbkey=86793 as i am trying to use it for mmy school (Yeahh im 15 in year 10) I have downloaded it twice, so it cant really be missing from the first download, as it was the same with the second one, so it could be something their end.

The path is "C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Schools Edition\bin\proe.exe" and when i type it in CMD it comes up with 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, opperable program or batch file.

I hope thats what you want now xD

Hmm... well, first thing I'll address is the "'C:\Program' is not recognized..." error -- that's because executing things on a command prompt requires paths with spaces in them to be surrounded in double-quotes. See example below:

View attachment 4539

So see what happens when you put the double quotes around the executable. With luck, something will be written to the command line that will explain why things aren't launching.

As to why those .cab files aren't being found... it sounds like corrupt source : (. Are you on a FIRST team?

I think this is what you mean but it doesnt come up with
anything
Okk... i tryed uploading a picture but it didnt work,,
basically it says what your one does but the path is the
path to the ProE app, and when i put it in " it doesnt say
anything
And FIRST team? i dont know what that is, so i dont think i
am xD

It sounds like a problem with the download. I have had
similar errors when doing an "Install from Web". My
experience has been that it's better to install from the
discs and not deal with PTC's sometimes flaky server.

Can you request the discs's be mailed to you?

Also, don't install Pro/E to the Program Files folder.
Pro/E has traditionally been a little quirky when installed
in a path with a space in it. I always install Pro/E into
a path like this: C:\PTC\proeWildfireX.0 when X is the
version of wildfire (3, 4, 5, etc).

rklatte is right about spaces in the path.

Incidentally, what version (Wildfire 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0?) are you installing?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back