Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-Engineer 4.0: How do I create a Xsection of a sub assembly?

clicatov

I am new to modeling with Pro Engineer and am having an issue creating a cross section for a sub-assembly within an assembly. The sub-assembly I would like to Xsection has a total of two parts. I first attempted to create a cross section of each part, but when using "view manager" and double clicking the newly created cross sections neither section was properly displayed. The only visible changes were yellow highlights where the cross section was initiated. I hope this sounds familiar.

You can create cross sections in parts and assemblies. When you single click a cross section you will see the yellow outline. Double clicking will show the part(s) sectioned (cut away). You can also right click on a cross section and pick visibility which will keep the outline and hatching visible but not cut the part or pick active which will cut the part. You can have many sections visible but only one active.

Awesome

You can create cross sections in parts and assemblies. When you single click a cross section you will see the yellow outline. Double clicking will show the part(s) sectioned (cut away). You can also right click on a cross section and pick visibility which will keep the outline and hatching visible but not cut the part or pick active which will cut the part. You can have many sections visible but only one active.

Thanks for the advice. I will give that a shot.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back