Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/E win7x64 install-fail

EmilPost

I have been struggling with installing Pro/E V5 64 bit on my brand new Asus N55SF laptop. The installer fails when trying to initialize the setup, about 2/3 through.
When trying the exact same installation on my stationary PC it runs like clockwork.
Any ideas how get Pro/E on my laptop???
Laptop specs:Win7 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7, 8gb ram, nvidia GT555M 2gb graphics.
Stationary specs: Win7 pro 64 bit, AMD 64 X2, 4gb, nvidia

Additional: I've tried everything(i think): Shutting down firewalls and antivirus, running in admin mode, different compability modes.

Re-install 32 and 64 bit Java!
I had this issue too sometimes and always re-installing Java fixed it.

Regards, DonChunior

Thanks for the tip, but didn't seem to do the trick.
I've tried installing with and without java, uninstalling java with revo uninstaller, and installing again, also tried the JDK along with JRE, but stil, nothing seems to work.
Any other ideas?
Edited by: EmilPost

Thanks all for your attention!
I don't no what the error was, but contacted Asus support, and they told me to completely reboot the system to factory default. I did this, and the first thng i did after, was to run the Pro/E setup. This time it actually worked, so...: problem solved by default.
And btw, yes, it did come with an error message: The program has stopped working, and will shut down.
So not much help there...

You can always just copy the install point directory from one machine to another if the OS & processor architecture is the same.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back