Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro E wildfire 2.0 not opening

rayi123

<DIV>Dear All</DIV>
<DIV>Recently we replaced our network connection cables with wireless network system. After that when I try to open my Pro E wildfire 2.0, I am getting the following message.</DIV>
<DIV>(The pro E is not installed on server, but it is in my PC. I use network to access internet only).</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>"WARNING MESSAGE LIST</DIV>
<DIV>License request failed for feature PROE_FoundationAdv:-97:</DIV>
<DIV>The desired vendor daemon is down</DIV>
<DIV>1) Check the Imgrd log file, or 2) Try Imreread</DIV>
<DIV>Feature: PROE_FoundationAdv</DIV>
<DIV>Vendor:Host: hlb-fac-rayen</DIV>
<DIV>License path: 7788@hlb-fac-rayen;</DIV>
<DIV>FLEXlm error: -97, 121</DIV>
<DIV>For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual available at</DIV>
<DIV>www.macrovision.com."</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I contacted PTC but didn't get any reply. aslo on www.macrovision.com i did not find anything specific to my problem</DIV>
<DIV>How I can solve this? Can someone help me,</DIV>
<DIV>Many thanks in advance,</DIV>
<DIV>With regards</DIV>
<DIV>Rayin</DIV>

Pro/E uses the first network card in the PC registry for the machine ID. If you have removed the wired card you will have to get PTC to send you a new license file for the wireless card. If the wired one is still installed, it probably has been disabled by "media sense" which disables a disconnected card. Search for media sense and registry, there are other threads on how to deal with these issues.

Dear dr_gallup,

Thank you verymuch indeed for your response. But what is the so called "media sense" and where I want to search? on the web? (Really I am a big zero about computer hardware as well as software). Hope you or any other will reply me.

Regards

Rayin

Hello everyone

I too have this same problem but our network cards do not change and have not for over a year but every now and then for some unknow reason I get this error and have to reboot the server

Any help on this

It is possible that system registry isnow looking at the wireless card in the number 1 slot. The flexlmlooks at the first network card it sees. To identify and correct the problem:

Edit the registry by using

Start / Run / Regedit

Now open folder HKey_Local_Machine / Software / Microsoft / Windows NT / CurrentVersion / NetworkCards

Look for the wireless card and rename the number to something greater than the fixed card. Now rename the fixed card to 1.

close the registry

In a cmd window type PTCSHUTDOWN Answer yes to any questions.

Now type PTCSTARTSERVER

Now Type PTCSTATUS to check the licenses for errors.

It seems your fix is trying toget a laptop with wireless access

The problem I am having is with my desk workstation and going thru our wired network we upgraded our network about a year ago and so we disable our network card on the mother board and use a pci slot for our networking I hope this explains a little more
Edited by: genet

If thecomputer where you installed the netcard in the pci slot is the ProE FleXLM server then you are required to obtain a new license file from PTC.

If this has already been accomplished and a PTCSTATUS atthis computershows that these licenses can be checked out, you are required to rerun PTCSETUP at each workstation to obtain the license codes from this newfile.

Has this been done?

Yes that was done right after the upgrade

Like I said it is random one day it works fine then the next it dosent

I am running WF3 and SolidWorks 08 only problems with proe

Dear DBRAINSKY,

As you suggested I edited the registry and now my pro e is working perfectly. (I am using a desktop PC and the pro e is installed in itself.)

I also noticed that my Host ID had changed when the wireless network card is installed and now after I edited the registry, I have the same host ID as it is in my license.

Thank you very much for your help. Also thanks for all other gentlemen

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back