Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro E Units and display settings

camilia

Hej
Can any 1 suggest how I can set my units to mm and display settings, permanently. I have to make these changes every time when I start Pro E.
Regards

Setyour units anddisplay settingsin your config.pro file, and then save the file to your working directory. If config.pro is in the working directory, Pro/E will automatically load it rather than reverting to default settings.

regarding units. Make sure your startpart is correct and got the right Units, and also make sure your config.pro points at the startpart.

//Tobias

do you have an admin? He/she should fix this for you. If you are the admin , then you got to locate your startpart/template first. Its probably in you install folder , and the name of the folder is probaly "templates".

In your config.pro ("tools" - "options") you have to set the correct searchpath to the startpart/template you want to use. So,set the "template_solidpart" to point at your template, and save your config.pro.

Your config.pro is the file that pro/E reads everytime you start, so if the searchpathis "wrong" then you will end up startingwith the wrong startpart everytime, thats why you (sofar) has to change it everytime.

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back