Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/e to .dwg

nathan34

Friends,

My companyuses Wildfire 2.0 with and Proilink 3.3.

My problem is when we get done with a project we can have anywhere from 50 to 1000 pro/e drawings that need to be converted to AutoCADs. So I open each one and using a mapkey, save it as a dwg. This takes forever; I would like to be able to convert all of the drawing in my workspace to an AutoCAD with a program. Would I be able to write a probatch file to do this, if so how would I do it so it would pull the pro/e drawing from my workspace?
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />Thanks in advance

I'd alsorecommend Pro/Batch. It is located in your current Pro/E loadpoint. See the online help for instructions on use.

I know it can batch export DXF, but I'm not 100% sure about DWG (DXF might be good enough, though)

-Brian
Edited by: Brian_Adkins

I can write you a Pro/TOOLKIT program to do this very easily. I have done this very thing already.

Patrick
Edited by: williaps

THANKS<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I downloaded the Sbatch program from Spekan tools and is does just what I wanted. When I run setup the batch file I have it run my mapkey to make the dwg. file, it works Great. I can

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back